Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer time!

Finally, we are getting a bit of sun in the great capitol! It's about time I say. My objective during sunny days is to convince my colleagues that every meeting should be held outside down by the water and with ice cream. So far I managed to hijack one meeting this week. I'll hopefully get to more next week. Otherwise things are going into a nice slow summer rhythm. With so many going on vacation it's not so much to do at the office which is a nice change after a quite stressful spring with the opening of the France market. We went live with real money yesterday so now we have three sites. Or as my boss pointed out today, we go into a new market every summer. Two years ago it was Italy, last summer we went live with the new poker engine P5 and this summer France. I suppose next year will be Spain. And Denmark...

I think most of Europe will open up their markets in five years since they can not resist all the money they will make in taxes. And that is good, I am not a believer in monopolies. And the US market will follow as well. Even if it is a hassle with different governments having different requirements, based on the best promoting lobbyist it is better that we have regulated markets. Hopefully the swedes will get it some day as well, and knowing how much we looove our taxes I can't believe it will take them long to realize how much money they are loosing on keeping their monopoly.

So, go outside, dream about a world without monopolies and enjoy the sun and have an ice-cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment